Sunday, June 24, 2007

106 Days and the End of August

I've got 106 days until the marathon and a bit less before a 25K warm-up race. I ain't sure about either, but I'm sticking with it. I ran a slow five miles yesterday but struggled. Can I run a marathon in about three months when I cannot even run a full five miles without walking? I dunno. I'm giving myself until the end of August to see where I am and how far my training has come. I'm far from the point where I feel I can run, and run, and run, seemingly endless running. Right now, I feel I can run, and walk, and run, and then dink around and complain about it.

3 comments:

Toasty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Toasty said...

to start with counting days to go is a mistake .... i think my marathon is coming up soon cause it's this weekend and i'm not even sure how many days it is .... endless running will come but you must be patient or you will end up one!

IHateToast said...

you're fretting too early. follow a decent program and look just one week ahead.

man.

do i need to slap you?

no negative thinking!